Franklin County, Ohio Personal Injury Attorney
Most people will go their entire lives in Franklin County, Ohio without suffering a severe injury. However, some people will suffer a major injury and another person will be at fault. In these cases, a personal injury attorney is your best option to recover for the damages suffered. Brian G. Miller is a respected, passionate and successful personal injury lawyer. He also handles civil lawsuits, mediation and arbitration.
Brian Miller represents clients in cases including:
- Construction/workplace accidents: For construction workers, an unfortunate reality of their workplace is that serious injuries are always a possibility. Working around heavy machinery, power tools and raw building materials is hazardous. On any given day, a worker could go from healthy to injured and in need of legal representation.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Driving is a routine task most days, even if there is the risk of getting in a severe crash that causes injuries. You could be the best driver in the world, but you’re still at risk of being involved an accident because of one distracted driver. Sadly, people are killed or seriously injured in car accidents every year.
- Bike accidents: Bike riding is great alternative to driving everywhere. But even in cities like Columbus, where there are designated bike lanes, bikers run the risk of getting hit by a vehicle and sustaining major injuries.
- Premises liability/slip and fall: If property is not maintained, whether it is a grocery store, house or another place, you might have a legal case for a slip and fall. Something as simple as a wet floor in a building could cause you to fall and get hurt.
- Wrongful death: Aside from the emotional difficulties associated with wrongful death, you have to cope with a number of other difficult factors. Your regular bills, such as rent or cell phone, still have to be paid. And you might have medical bills to worry about. If you relied on your loved one for support, finding employment might be top of mind. Compensation for wrongful death cases can be recovered for lost future income or wage earnings.
- General negligence: Whether your case involves a breach of contract, business and commercial interests, insurance disputes and liability, or some other miscellaneous claim, you will be best-served by a lawyer who pays attention to the details and does the work required to sort through complex data.
- Pedestrian injuries & accidents: Most of the time, walking on the sidewalk and crossing the street are safe activities. It only takes one bad driver to turn this innocent situation into one with severe injuries.
- Animal claims/dog bites: Dogs, cats and other animals are generally safe to keep as pets. It’s rare you hear about a pet attacking and severely injuring a human. However, it has been known to happen. Owners are typically liable if their pet attacks a person.
- Subrogation claims: Subrogation in a legal context relates to the right of one person to substitute into the place of another to pursue recovery of monies or some other claim. We have experience in negotiating subrogation interests from the perspective of each of the parties involved. We can assist with best positioning your interests for recovery.
- Insurance contract disputes: Make sure to read your insurance policies carefully! Insurance is based on contracts. If you feel your insurance company isn’t holding up their end of the bargain, you’ll need the help of a skilled attorney to win your case.
- Appellate practice: Appellate law deals with reviewing decisions which may have been made incorrectly by trial courts. Mr. Miller has a successful track record in appellate courts.
- Mediation and arbitration: Mediation is the process of having a neutral third party help adversarial parties come to an agreement. Arbitration is when a neutral party makes a decision about the legal matters in a case. Mediation and arbitration are both alternatives to trials.
In addition to his expansive personal injury and trial law practice, Brian also works as a tort litigation specialist for civil cases.
Mr. Miller only charges a fee for his legal services if you win your case. He also offers free consultations. His legal skill is obvious in that he’s been chosen to work with the Columbus Blue Jackets as outside legal counsel.
Brian G. Miller Co., L.P.A.—a personal injury attorney serving Franklin County, Ohio. Contact us for a free consultation today.
Accidents Motor Vehicle Accidents: Auto, Truck, Bus, Motorcycle Accidents Bicycle/Racing
Claims Premises Liability:
Slip & Fall
and Safety Claims
Death Claims General Negligence
General Civil Litigation Pedestrian
Injuries/Accidents Animal Claims
and Dog Bites
Contract Disputes Appellate
Practice Mediation and