Ohio and West Virginia Personal Injury Lawyer and Employee Wage and Hour Attorney
Adam Slone is an associate attorney with Brian G. Miller Co., LPA, where he focuses on significant and/or catastrophic personal injury litigation for those that have been seriously injured or killed due to the negligent actions of others. He also represents employees seeking to file wage and hour disputes involving unpaid minimum wages and overtime wages, tipping violations, and other pay-related disputes with their current or former employers.
Recognized by the National Trial Lawyers as a “Top 40 Under 40” and by Ohio Super Lawyers® on the list of “Rising Stars,” Adam provides exceptional counsel to clients throughout Ohio and West Virginia and has a reputation for his compassion and integrity when dealing with his clients, as well as his amicable nature and accessibility to those he serves. He also is well-known to exhaust all avenues to help his clients obtain their goals and the favorable outcomes they seek for their complex legal challenges.
A native of the Huntington, West Virginia, Tri-State area, Adam earned his juris doctor degree from Capital University Law School in Columbus, Ohio, where he now resides with his wife and infant son. Prior to law school, Adam completed his undergraduate studies at Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia, where he was a NCAA Division I Men’s Cross Country Team athlete and earned a bachelor of arts degree in Criminal Justice with a minor in Psychology.
Prior to joining Brian G. Miller Co., LPA, Adam spent 3 years as an Associate attorney with a law firm in Huntington, West Virginia. While in law school, he spent a summer clerking for the Honorable Darrell Pratt in the Circuit Court of Wayne County, West Virginia, and completed a legal externship with the Office of the Attorney General for the State of Ohio. Adam maintains active licenses to practice in both Ohio and West Virginia, where is also an active member in each state’s plaintiff’s trial bar – the Ohio Association for Justice (where he serves as Chair of the Young Lawyer’s Section), and the West Virginia Association for Justice.
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio (May 2015)
- Law Review, Staff Member (2014, 2015)
- Moot Court, Fall National Team, Fellow (2013)
- Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia (May 2011)
- NCAA Division I, Men’s Cross Country Team (2007)
- Men’s Club Rugby Team (2008, 2009)
- The National Employment Lawyers Association’s Trial Boot Camp
- Chicago, IL (2017)
Professional Honors and Distinctions
- Martindale-Hubbell Pre-Eminent ‘AV’ Rating
- Highest rating for professional excellence of an attorney’s legal expertise, communication skills, and ethical standards ranked by other attorneys.
- Ohio Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” (2022)
- Top 2.5% of Ohio Attorneys under 40, Peer Recognized
- The National Trial Lawyers, “Top 40 Under 40” in Civil Plaintiff law (2020, 2021)
Bar Admissions (active, unless otherwise noted)
- Ohio (2015)
- West Virginia (2016)
- United States District Court Southern District of Ohio (2015)
- United States District Court Southern District of West Virginia (2016)
- United States District Court Northern District of West Virginia (2017)
Memberships and Professional Activities
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Young Lawyer Section, Chair (2022)
- Columbus Bar Association
- Negligence Committee, Chair (2021, 2022)
- West Virginia Association for Justice
- Saad Dixon Law Offices, PLLC, Huntington, West Virginia & Columbus,
Ohio Associate Attorney (March 2015-September 2018)
- Successfully defended clients as first-chair in nine bench trials and as second-chair in two jury trials.
- Managed employment and personal injury claims through all stages of litigation, including but not limited to, investigation and intake, discovery, depositions, drafting and arguing pre-trial motions, mediation and trial.
- Ohio Attorney General, Columbus, Ohio
Legal Extern, Court of Claims Defense (January 2015-March 2015)
- Took depositions in matters involving inmate claims against Ohio State correctional facilities.
- Researched and prepared legal documents defending State of Ohio agencies against issues surrounding employment, medical malpractice, construction, and personal injury matters.
- Circuit Court of Wayne County, West Virginia, Wayne, West Virginia
Law Clerk to the Honorable Darrell Pratt (May 2013-August 2013)
- Assisted Judge Pratt in preparation for oral arguments, trials, and other hearings and in research and writing of opinions.
- “When Injury Claims Lead to Employment Discrimination”; Ohio Association for Justice’s October 2018 “The Quarterly”
- “How to Use FLSA and Ohio Wage Statutes to Recover Additional Money for Clients” – Ohio Association for Justice’s “Paralegal Conference” – October 1, 2022 (Dublin, OH)
- “Don’t Leave Money on the Table: How to Use FLSA and West Virginia Wage Statutes to Recover Additional Money for Your Clients” – West Virginia Association for Justice’s 2022 Mid-Winter Seminar – February 4, 2022 (Virtual Program)