Columbus, Ohio Personal Injury Lawyer and Wage and Hour Attorney
Adam Slone is an emerging trial lawyer at Brian G. Miller Co., L.P.A. serving clients in Columbus, Worthington, and throughout Ohio in serious personal injury and wage and hour matters. Adam is additionally licensed to practice law in West Virginia and serves clients in the Huntington area and beyond.
Adam’s primary practice area involves personal injury litigation for people who have been seriously injured or the families of those who have been killed because of another person’s negligence or misconduct. Adam’s personal injury practice includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- General Negligence
- Wrongful Death
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Workplace Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
Additionally, Adam represents individual workers, and groups of workers, in wage and hour claims against their current or former employers. These areas of practice include, among others:
- Unpaid Minimum Wages
- Unpaid Overtime Wages
- Miscalculated Overtime Wages
- Tipping Violations
- Illegal Rounding of Wages
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Violations
AAdam is from the Huntington, West Virginia Tri-State area and currently resides in Columbus where he is married to Micaela, an elementary school teacher. He is best known to his clients for being personable, available, strategic, and compassionate about all of his cases.
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio (May 2015)
- Law Review, Staff Member (2014, 2015)
- Moot Court, Fall National Team, Fellow (2013)
- Marshall University, Huntington, West Virginia (May 2011)
- NCAA Division I, Men’s Cross Country Team (2007)
- Men’s Club Rugby Team (2008, 2009)
- The National Employment Lawyers Association’s Trial Boot Camp
- Chicago, IL (2017)
Professional Honors and Distinctions
- Martindale-Hubbell Pre-Eminent ‘AV’ Rating
- Highest rating for professional excellence of an attorney’s legal expertise, communication skills, and ethical standards ranked by other attorneys.
- Ohio Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” (2022)
- Top 2.5% of Ohio Attorneys under 40, Peer Recognized
- The National Trial Lawyers, “Top 40 Under 40” in Civil Plaintiff law (2020, 2021)
- State of Ohio (2015-Present)
- United States District Court Southern District of Ohio (2015-Present)
- State of West Virginia (2016-Present)
- United States District Court Southern District of West Virginia (2016-Present)
- United States District Court Northern District of West Virginia (2017-Present)
Memberships and Professional Activities
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Columbus Bar Association
- West Virginia Association for Justice
- Saad Dixon Law Offices, PLLC, Huntington, West Virginia & Columbus,
Ohio Associate Attorney (March 2015-September 2018)
- Successfully defended clients as first-chair in nine bench trials and as second-chair in two jury trials.
- Managed employment and personal injury claims through all stages of litigation, including but not limited to, investigation and intake, discovery, depositions, drafting and arguing pre-trial motions, mediation and trial.
- Ohio Attorney General, Columbus, Ohio
Legal Extern, Court of Claims Defense (January 2015-March 2015)
- Took depositions in matters involving inmate claims against Ohio State correctional facilities.
- Researched and prepared legal documents defending State of Ohio agencies against issues surrounding employment, medical malpractice, construction, and personal injury matters.
- Circuit Court of Wayne County, West Virginia, Wayne, West Virginia
Law Clerk to the Honorable Darrell Pratt (May 2013-August 2013)
- Assisted Judge Pratt in preparation for oral arguments, trials, and other hearings and in research and writing of opinions.
- “When Injury Claims Lead to Employment Discrimination”; Ohio Association for Justice’s October 2018 “The Quarterly”